Megs at Perfectly Imperfect tagged me to fill this out. I’m cooking supper right now and it’s a nice little break while I impatiently wait for everything to finish cooking! Thanks, Megs!
(I want to point out that I love the title of her blog. When Todd and I first started dating he pointed a few little things about himself like the little gap in his teeth and a couple of tiny scars that he has. I have always told him that they were “perfect imperfections.” So I love that blog title!)
Step 1: respond and rework—answer the questions on your own blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
Step 2: tag—eight other un-tagged people
.1. What were you doing and who were you with at 9:59 PM on Friday night? Todd and I were lying in bed. We had just eaten huge pimento cheeseburgers at one of my favorite local places and I couldn’t hold my eyes open. He was watching DaVinci code and at some point we both fell asleep in the clothes we’d been wearing all day.
2. What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? I’m reading The Girlfriend’s Guide to Baby Gear and The Happiest Baby on the Block. Not real thrilling. I have a huge stack of unread books at my house. I just need the motivation.
3. Do you nap a lot? A few weeks ago I took a nap every day. Now I wake up feeling really sick after naps. I’m sure after little boy Carroll arrives I’ll be begging for naps.
4. Who was the last person you hugged? Todd was the last person, but I gave Boudreaux a huge about two seconds ago– he thinks he’s a person.
5. What’s your current obsession/addiction? Other than the usual addictions of TV, blogging, decorating, and online shopping, right now I’m addicted to cheeseburgers. Pregnancy has definitely gotten the best of me.
6. What was the last thing you said out loud? “Can you set the timer for 20 minutes?”
7. What websites do you always visit when you go online? Google reader, private blogs, hotmail, facebook, people.com, my bank, cnn.com, todayshow.com
8. What was the last item you bought? the Canon Rebel camera bag
9. What is your most challenging goal? to find the vision for and to start my own event planning business. I have a feeling it’s not too far away.
10. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished- anywhere in the world, where would it be? Charleston, SC or Austin, TX– I’m also lusting after the HGTV Dream House in Sonoma, California
11. Favorite Vacation spot? any major city or Gulf Shores, Alabama– it’s a simple place, but so familiar to me. I love it!
12. Say something to the person who tagged you: Megs is beautiful, real, and a joy to read about! I’m happy to know her through the blogging world.
13. Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: French fries
14. What is your favorite item of clothing? all of my spring/summer dresses. But currently I’m obsessed with my ruched white maternity t-shirt.
15. Favorite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is over flowing with a zillion others?! black Reefs, brown Rainbows, brown Danskos, platinum Jack Rogers, and silver Bernardos…. that’s definitely more than one
16. Name one thing you can not live with out: My flat iron…. even on curly hair days, I have to straighten my crazy bangs. (of course I can’t live without my husband and family, but they’re not actually a thing)
17. Has a celebrity’s haircut ever influence you on your own hairstyle? I had short Meg Ryan hair in high school and that was the picture I always took in with me. I also had that shoulder length with bangs look based on Jessica Simpson’s haircut back in 2004 or 2005.
18. What is your favorite room in your house? It’s our guest bedroom that I call the “white room.” It’s so bright and fresh in there and I love to just nap in there on a quiet day.
Thanks for the fun, Megs!!!!