I would like to set myself up for success, so I tried to make a list of plans and resolutions that are realistic and achievable. I put enough pressure on myself for everything to be perfect as it is, so I definitely don’t want to add any stress to my life.
1. Run the Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston with another bloggy friend at the end of March. (Better get started on this!)
2. Visit the gym (I joined today!) at least four times per week.
3. Make healthy choices. This should benefit Todd and me.
4. Become a better wife and mommy. My boys are the most important people in my life, but I need to start doing more to show my appreciation. This includes making dinner more often– and healthy dinner, of course!
5. Continue to grow Blue-Eyed Bride.
6. Figure out a way to create more space at our current home or begin the process of moving to a larger home– in the suburbs.
7. Be less critical and more spontaneous. I’ve come a long way with being less critical, trust me. Spontaneity is more difficult with a baby that goes to bed at 7:00 p.m., but I’m sure I can figure it out!
8. Take some cooking classes so I can become more comfortable preparing things that are a little out of my comfort zone.
9. Join the choir. It’s the right time!
10. Become more aware of who I am and who I am supposed to be. I change a little bit every year and a huge piece of my life changed this year. I like to think that I’m the same person, but it’s hard to be the same person when so much of your life and your time is spent caring for another. I am a child of God and that will never change.
1. There is a fun Charleston trip scheduled for the end of March! I will be meeting other bloggers there again, and will be running the Cooper River Bridge Run.
2. Todd and I are going to NYC and Boston in May for our two year anniversary. I’ll have to cowgirl up and leave Hudson behind for a few days. I’m sad just thinking about it.
3. I am so excited about attending BlogHer in NYC this year with some of my favorite bloggers.
4. I’ll be having another surgery in early 2010– and hopefully all of this will be behind me.
5. A mommy/baby blogger meet up is in the works for 2010 and I’m so excited. These three women have been such a source of encouragement for me this year and it’s about time we met each other and arranged the marriages of our children!
6. I mentioned yesterday that I’ll be chairing my JL committee this year. That should take up a hefty chunk of time.
What are your resolutions for 2010? Anything exciting planned?