Green Eggs and Ham birthday party: the details

These posts are going to have to be broken up into two or three parts because there are so many things to see! This post is just going to be the details: decorations, food, etc.

Warning: picture overload!

All photos by Wendy Woodall of A Southern Accent!

Because they have such a spacious house, my in-laws offered to let us hold the party at their house. We kind of took over and they were such good sports about letting me move things around to make room for party decorations.

We had two of these cute little orange pinwheels outside with fun green and orange ribbon tied to them. And my mom added the ribbon and the Green Eggs and Ham book to the wreath.

When guests walked in, we asked them to sign the “guest book” which was copy of Green Eggs and Ham. I wanted Hudson to have a keepsake from the big day of who was there to celebrate his first year!

In the house, immediately to the right of the front door is the dining room where we set up the dessert table. My mom is a candy buffet master and hauled all of her beautiful containers all the way from Dallas. We also had cake balls and cupcakes in addition to all of the jelly beans, M&Ms, gummy orange and lime slices, circus peanuts, lollypops, and rock candy.

We used plain white table cloths, but cut out circles in green and orange to make it more festive.

Heading into the family room, we hung an adorable banner with Hudson’s name on it.

The family room is such a large space and we needed a good way to get the green and orange in there, so I decided to rent a helium tank and buy two packs of green and orange balloons. My dad, my FIL, and I spent a large part of the morning on Saturday blowing up, tying, and attaching ribbon to the balloons.

We played the video I made for Hudson in the family room and decorated the mantle with orange flowers in green buckets. I found the paper umbrellas and paper lanterns and decided to use them to decorate the fireplace. The adorable “Happy Birthday Hudson” banner is one of my favorite things!

On the back wall of the family room, I displayed all of Hudson’s monthly pictures in green and orange buckets filled with jelly beans. The orange polka dot table runner added such a great splash of color and the “Celebrate” painting looked perfect there! (p.s. I’ll be doing a giveaway based on that “Celebrate” painting later this week!)

The main food was in the kitchen and at the breakfast table. We served hot dogs, barbecue, macaroni and cheese, baked beans, and of course, green (deviled) eggs and ham!

The party favors, in addition to the candy, were sugar cookies iced to look like a green ham!

We had a lot of fun with the drinks! In the canisters, we served Arnold Palmers or “adult lemonade” and regular lemonade in the other canister. We found cute green and white striped straws to go with the drinks.

Then in green buckets on stands, we had Jones soda in orange cream and green apple flavor. We also had bottled water (that I individually labeled), beer, and juice boxes.

At the end of the party, we passed around creamsicles and limesicles made with either orange Crush, orange sherbet, and vanilla ice cream or 7-Up, lime sherbet, and vanilla ice cream. Like a Coke float, but even better! So yummy!

my beautiful cousin with her orange creamsicle!

The party was truly a labor of love. Between TC and me, my parents, and TC’s parents, everyone worked so hard to make this a great party. We are so thankful for the love and support that Hudson has all around him.

It took a few months to get everything planned and brought together from rolling silverware at night while watching The Bachelorette and cutting out foam circles during nap time to my mother-in-law making deviled eggs and cake balls to my mom making gorgeous bows, arranging flowers, and driving halfway across the country to celebrate with us!

Tomorrow I’ll show more pictures of the fun people that were there and you can see lots of pictures of the cute birthday boy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Can you come plan my daughter’s third birthday – pink and blue nantucket style? Seriously, I would pay you! This is absolutely precious and adorable! And it is done with so much style and I really am just in awe. I don’t know what to say except “Wow!”

2. Ohmigoodness! The spread is absolutely incredible. I love the colors. And their house is beautiful!

3. Beautiful and some much fun! Love all the details! You did a great job!

Melissa

4. Love every single detail!! All the green and orange were TOO cute! You did an amazing job!

5. AMAZING!! Holy cow…I am just seriously amazed by how great it looked!! I am trying to plan P Man’s 3rd birthday and he wants it to be “race car” theme. Ugh. I have no idea how to make a race car party look classy. haha! You did great mama!! Hudson is a lucky dude!

6. Wow..amazing!!

7. Oh my goodness! The details are great! I love it all…especially the table with his monthly photos. What a great/creative way to dispaly! And the food looked absolutely delish!

8. holy cow…absolutely DARLING!

9. What a beautiful party! I love how you incorporated the colors into everything.

10. I mean, I knew it would just be stunning and absolutely beautiful, but I’m sitting her speechless! OMG Erin, this is like a dream birthday! You did an AMAZING job! WOW!

Happy Birthday Hudson!

Oh, btw, we’re pregnant! :)

11. You did an amazing job!! You literally thought of everything. Between this party and little Avery’s 1st party (http://ashleylinam.blogspot.com/), the bar has been set high. Adorable!

12. AMAZING! You did such a great job. Every detail is perfect. I love the Green Eggs and Ham guest book. What a fun party! Pat yourself on the back girl. This really was a fab party!

13. Everything was magical! I love the striped ribbon and that pinwheel is the cutest thing ever!! Great job, Erin!

14. Amazing job mama! What a precious celebration of sweet Hudson’s first year!! :)

15. Erin, the entire party looks fantastic, although I never had any doubt in my mind that it would! I don’t know how you’ll possibly be able to out-do yourself for Hudson’s 2nd birthday, although I’m sure you’ll find a way!

16. Simply amazing! All the details are wonderful. You have definitely set the bar high ;)

17. um, that looks like the most amazing b/day party ever. I love orange and green anyway but the way you pulled it together was perfect!! Way to go, mama!

18. How impressive!!! You did such an amazing job with all of the tiny organge and green details!

19. Amazing. No detail was overlooked. Hudson is one lucky boy to have such a wonderful mama like you. I can’t wait to see the rest of it! Great party!!!

20. Everything was just perfect, Erin! Hudson will love looking at these pictures when he’s older and seeing all of the love and hard work you put into it!!

21. Very cute party. I LOVE the colors and the theme!

22. Tara Gibson says:

SO so so cute! love it all

23. Seriously, how amazing! You so didn’t even need to tell us it was a labor of love because the pictures clearly show that!!! Wonderful details! Can’t wait to see more pics!! :)

24. That is seriously one of the cutest birthday parties ever! I love how original the theme is!!

25. What an absolutely adorable party! You did a great job :) I love the wreath!

26. OMG!!! This is by far the cutest, most well thought out party theme ever! Happy Birthday Hudson:)

27. Holy Smokes!! Great party for your little man. Love everything! Can’t wait to see pics of the birthday boy!

28. Fabulous party!!!!!!!

29. ERIN!!! I bet this was so fun for all of y’all! All the thought and effort you put into this party are so readily apparent. I’m sure your guests were blown away by all the fun and adorable details and decor! I can’t wait to see more- it’s so stinking cute!

30. Too cute! Can’t wait to see the rest!

31. Oh my gosh! This is the most elaborate 1 year old birthday party I have ever seen- it’s amazing! So fun and beautiful, you did such a great job!

32. It’s beautiful! I’d love to know more about how you made the items you made and where you bought the stuff you bought. I LOVE all the details! :)

33. Lisa The Bumpkin says:

And The Award for Party Planning of The Year Goes To:

Hudson’s Mommy, amazing, only you BEB!

34. Girl you can really plan a party. I have several questions. Hopefully I will just want to until later. Maybe to will tell all on where you purchased certain items that was used. I loved Hudson’s outfit where did you purchase it from? Where did you get the green and orange drink containers? And I am loving the ribbon that was used. Where did you purchase it from?

35. The party was so cute! I love all of the adorable details! Hudson is so lucky to have such a wonderful family!

36. You did an amazing job! Everything looks fabulous!!

37. So cute! My little girl’s 1st birthday was this weekend as well and we used some of the same exact decorations! Isn’t it so fun? P.S. I am pretty sure that I met you once at Louisiana Tech. My husband is the Director of Orientation at Tech and your brother was on his staff. He even helped us move into our new house a few years ago. Such a sweet man! He was one of my favorites!

38. Oh my goodness, this party is too precious for words! You did an amazing job with everything! Happy Belated Birthday to Hudson!

39. What a fun party! You can tell a lot of thought & love went into this gorgeous party and Hudson is going to love looking at the pictures when he gets older. You definitely gave life to your Green Eggs and Ham inspiration board – nicely done! I love everything you did and really love the orange & green beverage containers :-) So glad you got them!

40. Kimberli says:

You did a fabulous job with all the details, everything looks perfect!! I hope Hudson had a fantastic 1st birthday.

41. You are SUPER MOM! I love the theme and how all of the detail came together – verrrry creative and different. Wow!

42. When I have kids, I want you to plan their parties.

AMAZING is all I have to say, lol. Hudson is one lucky, loved little boy!!!

43. Erin – WOW! Such an amazing party you put together. I was ooh and awwing over every little thing that yall did.

Party planning is in your blood girl!

44. Holy moly! I bow to your superior party throwing prowess. It’s all amazing, simply amazing!

45. Just gorgeous, as expected! You should start your own party-planning business when you are done having babies and they are older! Wouldn’t that be so much fun???? My dream job!

46. Perfectly Imperfect says:

wow. I am in awe. Please tell me you’re going to help me next April pull off something like this for E?!?

47. Everything looks so amazing! Great job. Where on earth did you find Jones sodas? In our area they are GONE from all of the stores. Major bummer!

48. Brenna says:

Where did you get the labels to print for the waterbottles? I am searching for some and thought I could find them at the office supply store, but haven’t had any luck.

The party turned out great!! We’re having our 1st bday party this weekend and I am running around like a crazy person trying to get it ready :)

49. What a great party! I love the table with the monthly photos.
    I love Hudson’s outfit too! The seersucker is adorable. My favorite part though is the fact that you got someone to take photos for you. This is so worth it in my opinion. As a mom, you’re too busy taking care of the birthday boy and making sure everything is running smoothly to take time for photos. I missed out on so many pictures because I just didn’t have time. Smart thinking, girl!

50. You are so incredibly talented. I love everything! The magnolia wreath is amazing and all of the other details are so original and creative. It’s obvious you put a lot of thought and energy into making this the perfect first Birthday party for Hudson. He is so lucky to have you as his mother!

51. Thesinglemama says:

Where on earth is that celebrate sign for. I feel like vie been LOOKING for that oainter. Please tell!!!!!

52. Every single detail of your party is so darling! I loved the theme when you first talked about it, and I had no idea what you would end up doing, but it’s amazing! Every little detail is so thoughtfully planned out. The candy bar was my favorite! You did such a great job!

53. Dislocated GA Peach says:

this is so original! what a neat first birthday.

54. Hudson’s First Birthday turned out amazingly. What an awesome party! Do you mind me asking where you got the candy from? I’ve seen candy buffets but never know where people find the candy.

55. Wow, that looks like an amazing party!!!

56. Kelly says:

What a perfect party for a perfect little boy! Hope you guys had so much fun spending time with family and celebrating Hudson’s first year!

57. Wow that party came out amazing! You sure do know how to plan quite an event. I love everything about it including Hudson’s matching outfit!

58. WOW.

59. Oh my gosh Erin, his party was INCREDIBLE! I can’t wait to see the rest of the pictures!!!

60. Happy 1st Birthday, Hudson! The party looked like so much fun! I love the theme and all the fun decor! You did such a great job!

61. Looks like a great party!

62. Happy First Birthday Hudson! I’m with slynnro, BIG WOW!

63. Looks great! Can you believe it’s all said and done?

64. So amazing Erin! You have such a talent for design.

65. How freakin fabulous! Wow, y’all did such an amazing job! Come do Molly’s please :)

66. Amazing!!! I love every detail. I am in the process of all the odds and ends for my boys 1st birthday and you have inspired me! Thank you! I can’t wait to see more pics!

67. amanda says:

Impressive Erin…you should submit this…hey, can you share who might of done the fabric name banner? Etsy, I am assuming?…I’m deep into working on Charlotte (my daughter’s) 5th birthday – an American Girl (dollie and me) spa party! I love a great party…birthdays are the most special of celebrations!

68. Girl you are ridiculously amazing – what a beautiful/amazing party :-) what a lucky little man you have with a mama like you! :-)

69. The guest book is my favorite detail – what a great keepsake!

70. That is a party truly fit for a (one-year-old) king! What a great theme and I absolutely LOVE your decorations!

So perfect, Erin!

XO,
    Erin

71. Wow! It looks amazing, I am thoroughly impressed! :)

72. L-O-V-E!! Love the whole theme, colors and decor!! You did a fabulous job :)

73. WOW! I loved the theme. all the details just bounced out of the pictures…made you think you were there. What a lucky boy! Happy Birthday!

74. Really pretty and fun!

Although, I’m left with one question – what is an “arnold palmer” where you are from – does it contain alcohol? I always thought it was just half tea, half lemonade? :)

75. I am speechless!!! What an incredible party you created for your beautiful son. You are an amazing Mom!!! Can’t wait (though don’t want to rush him!!) to see what 2 brings!!

76. Yay Hudson! Everything looks fantastic and I’m sure you were thrilled with how it turned out. Just think, a whole year to plan for party #2…. :-)

77. You went above and beyond! This looks amazing!! Please give us details on that wreath!!!

78. can i hire you as my party planner and pay you in LOVE :) haha! I think you should come visit us and help me plan :) This is absolutely so unique and I can see all the hard work and planning you put into it! AMAZING!

79. That guest book idea is ADORABLE. And, now I’m frantic about finding a cute guest book idea for my wedding.

80. amey r says:

Erin – How did you do the water bottles? I tried and my ink ran :(
    My boys party is Saturday! HELP!
    thanks,
    amey

81. Wow! You guys did an amazing job! The attention detail is perfect :)

82. This party is FAB. THIS is how you do a Dr. Suess party. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

83. Love, love the colorful details and sweet touches! It’s obvious you put so much thought and heart into this big day.

84. How did you make the orange and green poof balls that were hanging from the chandelier? OR Where did you get them????

85. I LOVE this party & I featured it today on my blog for Dr. Seuss’ birthday! Here is the link to my post:

Feel free to grab a “featured” button for your blog if you wish! Have a great day! :)

86. Oh my goodness! This is terrific! Hudson is one lucky little guy! Two questions: Where did you find the cookies and the lemonade buckets?

87. WOW! I wish Hudson’s Grandparents would adopt me! That was bigger then my wedding….we eloped and had no money, no reception, no honeymoon…but are still married 23 yrs later!. My daughter just turn.ed 22yrs. and had the Green Eggs and Ham book memorized by age 2. What a cute idea. Whoever did the decor, etc. looks like a professional in the business…or should be! Great job!

88. Wow! You really went all out :) What a party!

89. Where did your mom get all her gorgeous glassware for the candy buffet? So pretty!

Trackbacks

1. [...] Breakfast; Dr. Seuss Lunch; Dr. Seuss Cake Pops; Dr. Seuss Birthday party; Dr. Seuss ABC party;   Green Eggs and Ham Birthday Party; Thing One and Thing Two Baby [...]

2. [...] I had a bunch of serving pieces that were wedding gifts and all of the orange buckets were from Hudson’s first birthday party. [...]