1. Are you singing the Soul II Soul song now? “However do you want me? However do you need me?”
2. I’m back from Atlanta. After making a stop in the Mart’s best kept jewelry/cash and carry secret (at least it was a secret to me), I jumped in the car and came on home. I met Clemson Girl and got to spend a little bit of time with her on Sunday before I left town. And I also ran into a couple of other new blog friends on the 7th floor of Building 3 at market. So fun!
3. We made a quick Target run when I got home and picked up pizza for supper. Back to the diet and time with my trainer this week. Woof!
4. My child is potty trained. Potty trained! I plan to do a post about all of this, but I’m not really sure how to do a post on potty training without using the word p*op. Ew.
5. After two weeks with my mom, saying goodbye was not fun. At all. It never ever gets easier. But she is my friend and one of my favorite people. I’m glad I got 3 days with her at Market.
6. And saying goodbye to Nina was just as sad. And tearful. Just gives us more reason to schedule more family trips together.
7. I have a mani/pedi date with a friend tomorrow! I can’t wait.
8. Hudson has his first dentist appointment this week. I’m pretty sure we should have taken him a year ago, but I was so busy with a newborn that I forgot. But he goes this week. Any tips for the first time? I’m pretty sure it will be traumatic for at least one of us.
9. I think one of the most wonderful, rarely mentioned things in the world is getting to ride in the car alone. After two very long road trips with my kids in the last three weeks, I drove home from Atlanta all by myself on Sunday.
10. Is anyone watching Newsroom? I watched the first episode and really like it. I’m really just counting down until Homeland comes back..
11. This is the craziest thing, but after Hayes was born I started weaning myself from reality TV. I love(d) reality TV so so much. And I really don’t have anything against it. But I was so anxious after Hayes was born and I found that shows with lots of screaming and fighting made it worse. I miss my Real Housewives. But my stress level couldn’t take it.
So… dentist tips? Any TV recommendations for a former reality TV lover?