In case you missed my review of the great new Baby Orajel Naturals teething product, you can still read it here (though the giveaway has ended). I also wanted to let you know that if you are one of the lucky women attending the BlogHer conference in NYC on August 3-4, 2012, you can visit the Baby Orajel folks at Booth 1100 to learn more about taking care of your little one’s teeth and gums! They may even have some product samples to share with you so be sure to stop by.
1. I mentioned on Twitter the other day (and I’m pretty sure I mention this every single summer on my blog) that I really do not like the summer months in the south. I would pick up and move to the Pacific Northwest if there was a job for Todd. And then I’d come back for the fall and winter. Mainly just for football season. But, man, it’s hot!
2. I think I say, “oh man!” a lot because now Hudson says it all the time, too. It’s much cuter when he says it.
3. We tried to go for a walk tonight and take the boys on a ride in the wagon. It was pretty muggy, even at 6:30, but the gnats were terrible. Poor Hayes had gnats all over his face and in his eyes. I felt awful for him. Hudson kept blowing on Hayes’s face trying to get the gnats to leave him alone.
4. I know some people don’t like the way I write the possessive form of Hayes. I like to write “Hayes’s.” It’s the way I learned it and I trust Strunk & White. It’s rule #1. (I also understand that it just comes down to style preference, but Hayes’ and Hayes’s are both correct. I just prefer Hayes’s.)
5. We’ve had some very interested house hunters coming by our house this weekend. We just have our fingers crossed that one of them loves it enough to make us an offer.
6. Relatedly, one of the relatives of one of these house hunters popped by our house today during nap time without a realtor. They just wanted to take a look around so they could give their two cents. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
7. My summer anthem is Pontoon by Little Big Town. What a fun song!
8. Last night, I watched The Bachelorette finale while Todd worked. I had only seen one or two episodes of Emily’s season, but I always like to watch the end. Even though I can’t believe people still want to go on those shows.
9. And we are loving The Newsroom. We’re both totally addicted! At the end of last night’s episode I was crying. The characters are all just so great.
10. I’m getting my hair highlighted and trimmed tomorrow. I really don’t like sitting there for a few hours, but the result is so worth it!
11. Are you following me on Instagram and Pinterest? Here’s my Pinterest link and on Instagram I am “blueeyedbride.”