1. We have a date night tonight! We’re going out to eat and then going to see Dark Knight Rises. I’m so excited!
2. We watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies last night. I am obsessed with the Olympics and the athletes and their stories. I specifically love gymnastics, beach volleyball, swimming, diving, and track and field. I just get so excited about everything. And I love reminiscing about past great Olympic moments. I can remember in 1992 and 1996 thinking that the Olympic gymnasts were just the greatest girls in the world!
I loved the opening ceremonies. I thought they did a great job of showing the British history and traditions with so much personality and heart. The musical montage was so much fun!
3. Having a potty-trained child is just the best thing in the world. I am so proud of him. Except we’ve struggled with naps because he is now potty-trained. I’m not sure if he’s not napping because he needs to go or what, but I think potty training killed nap time. Kind of like the way video killed the radio star.
4. We had the Skinny Taste zucchini boats for supper last night. Yum! I used half sausage and half organic beef because Todd doesn’t love the taste of sausage. I also added oregano and more garlic than it called for to make sure it had plenty of flavor. These were just delicious!
5. I have to confess that I have been such an exercise slacker since we went to my parents’ house. I haven’t set foot in the gym since we left to visit my parents on June 28. I feel like mush. Gross and bloated and gross. I got a text from my trainer today asking if I was ready to get back on schedule. I quickly replied with a big, “YES!” I’m ready. So starting Monday it’s on like Donkey Kong.
6. We still have one vacation left this summer and it’s a beach trip with my parents, my brother and his girlfriend. We’re all really excited to get away and have some good time together. And Hudson told me he’s excited about the lazy river!
7. Also- can we talk about the cuteness that’s happening with Mini Boden and their London-inspired shirts for boys?
So what about you? Have you seen Dark Knight Rises? Are you excited for the Olympics? Did you watch the Opening Ceremonies? What’s your favorite event? Feel free to send any gym motivation my way!