Home Tour: a living room update

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted any pictures of our house.

A few years ago I posted about our living spaces, so you can see what they used to look like here.

I’ve gotten some emails recently from people wondering if we’ve made any updates. And there have been a handful of updates, so I thought I’d share.

And since our house is on the market, it’s fun to take pictures so we can remember what our first home looked like. You know, in case we ever do move!

I got these little garden stools using One Kings Lane credits a couple of years ago. I got one and then a few months later I got the other.

I am replacing the two lamps on the entry table. I have noticed how dark it looks right there. We’ve had those two lamps forever, but I’ve decided to find them a new home in our house. I’ve ordered some lighter lamps for this entry table– wholesale, of course. Hopefully they’ll arrive soon!

Please don’t fret, my fellow mom friends. My house is not regularly spotless and tidy. These pictures were all taken one morning before the boys were awake. The boys (and their toys) were all nestled snuggly in their beds.

My living room regularly looks like a bomb went off as the toys make their way from the boys’ rooms to the living room. Puzzle pieces are everywhere and let’s not even talk about the dog hair.

Thrifty Decor Chick
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. I definitely do not have a knack for decorating, so I’m always impressed with people who have such beautiful homes like yours. Maybe if I stick around some of it will rub off on me :)
    Trish recently posted..The Versatile Blogger AwardMy Profile

2. it looks great! Love all of the little details and pictures! :)
    Andie recently posted..My Week In Instagram Photos- July 31, 2012My Profile

3. It looks so grown up!!! and really lovely!
    JT @The Faux Foodie Girl recently posted..Fishies and dedicationMy Profile

4. Allison says:

I love your home decorating style, Erin. Beautiful yet homey!!! I love it.

5. Love!! Where is your sectional from if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve been on the hunt! Hope your house sells soon!!

6. Stephanie says:

I love, love, love your home!! If I lived by you, I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!

7. e, i don’t know what about this post did it, but it made me miss you a whole whole bunch!
    love you, friend

8. I love your drapes! I’m a big believer in splurging on beautiful window treatments: I think they can absolutely make a room.

9. Love your living room! I also love how you have different rugs in the space, but all 3 complement each other so well.

And, thank you for being real at the end. I’m always happy to hear I’m not the only one who battles dog-hair on a daily basis!
    Jillian recently posted..Wednesday LoveMy Profile

10. It’s beautiful! I like to see how other people have pictures displayed through their house. It gives me some ideas!

11. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your living room! I’ve been trying to decide where I can put some garden stools. I think they are so fun!

This is random, but since Knox & Sloane are mobile, for all my lamps on tables that are open at the botton….I duck tape the cord to the back of the table so it’s not visible :) There is some that tables that my tape wont work so I put a tack in the wall and drape it on that, behind the table.
    In This Wonderful Life recently posted..As for yesterday’s post…..My Profile

12. Jennifer says:

Your home is so beautiful! Come decorate mine! :)
    Jennifer recently posted..Friday iPhone DumpMy Profile

13. Beth (@sadietalk) says:

I love how you have your family photos framed. I need to get to displaying ours especially our newest ones we had taken on the beach. Looking at your living room and how it is decorated inspired me to get more of our pictures out and frame and display them. Hope your house sells soon!

14. I just love you home!

I read somewhere else on your blog that it was built in the 30s and that is just so cool!

And I have such a dog hair problem too!
    Colleen recently posted..Recipe: Roast Corn & Tomato PizzaMy Profile

15. Ashley says:

Love! Where did you get that sectional?

16. I love your house! If I lived in America I would SO buy your house. I actually was trying to convince my husband for us to move home so I could have it. I think it’s my dream house. I really hope you sell it! Good luck!

I love how you had to take it before everyone was awake. Ha! So true. The minute the kids are up all bets are off. Doesn’t get cleaned until bedtime.
    Mary-My Life in Scotland recently posted..18 MonthsMy Profile

17. Your home is beautiful! Do you think you can come decorate mine for me ;)

18. What a beautiful home. A house is not complete without a golden!
    Anna B recently posted..Oh, whoopsMy Profile

19. I love your house — also interested in where you got the sectional. We are in the market for one. I have to say, I love your big round mirror also. Funny thing is that I have the exact mirror and love it. Mine is over the mantel. Looks great also with a wreath hung in the middle of it. Thanks for sharing.

20. You really have the most lovely, inviting home!!!
    Nina recently posted..Being ItalianMy Profile

21. I LOVE southern homes! They are so pretty!!. I’m a Minnesota girl, and for some reason they always use golden oak trim. UG. The white is so pretty and clean… I’m just going to sit and dream for a bit….

Beautiful BTW. :)
    Lacey recently posted..Fluffy Friday week 2My Profile

22. Looks cute! I like the photos around the TV. Aren’t you going to miss her taking pictures of y’all. Have you thought about shaving Bordeaux? We have 2 labs- one has longer hair and sheds constantly. We decided to groom him in the spring and it’s changed my life. I used to vacuum everyday and now only the cleaning lady vacuums one time a week. He actually looks prettier shaved. Its a lot to groom a large dog, but totally worth it.

23. Beautiful!!!!! Love the new set up! Pictures turned out great. And the ottoman is very photogenic. :)
    NIna @ AccordingtoNina.com recently posted..Traveling Alone Gets Scarier As I Get OlderMy Profile

24. I love that Boudreaux made a cameo! Also, your house is beautiful. Eventually I’ll get around to posting pictures of our new home.
    Emily (The Culinary Couple) recently posted..Chipotle-Mango BBQ Chicken SaladMy Profile

25. mollie says:

i love love love it!!

26. Your house is absolutely adorable!
    Jenny recently posted..Rave: My Bucket ListMy Profile

27. So pretty! I just love your decorating style! :)
    Carroll recently posted..These GalsMy Profile

28. I LOVE the tall windows you have! Although I’m sure they put a glare on the tv, they look awesome.
    Sloan recently posted..Why I ate at Chick-fil-A yesterdayMy Profile

29. how fun! i love getting a peak in your home. you have a great eye. and that green is so fun.

30. Your house looks more and more beautiful every time you share pictures! Love it! http://www.jenningsbaby.blogspot.com
    Erin J recently posted..Five Things You May Not Know (1)My Profile

31. LOVE your living room! I love the style! We have a 3.5 year old lab that stays inside. And we have all hardwood, no rugs even. And it is awful trying to keep up with his hair!

32. your whole is absolutely GORGEOUS
    Kat recently posted..BlogHer12 in picturesMy Profile

33. Danyelle Franciosa says:

Your living room, is so nice. The looks is so refreshing! This gives me some ideas, how I’m gonna renovate my living room!
    Danyelle Franciosa recently posted..Allkind Joinery Brisbane – Upholding a Proud TraditionMy Profile

34. I love the pop of color the garden stools bring! (And your dog is freakin’ adorable too!)
    Sarah