Every once in a while I just need to have a pointless, useless, unintentional post and get a good brain dump out there.
1. Hudson has his first dentist appointment today. It was scheduled for a few weeks ago, but we had to reschedule because I couldn’t get a babysitter for Hayes, and I really didn’t want to bring Hayes along to Hudson’s first appointment. So we’re going today. Wish us luck!
2. This brings up a reminder that it has been shamefully long since my last regular dental check-up. I know, Mom, I just need to do it. I’m not nervous for the actual appointment. I’m just worried that the hygienist will shame me for letting a year go by without an appointment.
3. After four years of marriage, I think Todd would tell you that the things about me that drive him the craziest are 1) I leave drawers slightly cracked open instead of closing them all the way. I have absolutely no idea why I do this. 2) I take off my shoes and just leave them where I took them off.
4. The things that drive me craziest about Todd are 1) His old school BlackBerry and the fact that the keys are so loud when they click. And that trackball! So loud. and 2) He loves going to sleep with the TV on, and likes for it to be loud enough so that he can hear and make out what is being said. I don’t even want the TV on at all.
5. I love those little quirks.
7. There was a major closet clean out this weekend. I only kept things if 1) they fit and 2) I love them. I did, however, hang on to all the clothes I wore for our wedding weekend. I just couldn’t get rid of them. I donated 90% of the stuff I purged, but I may have a Facebook sale for the rest. Please notice all the dry-cleaning bags that were hanging in my closet. And notice the orange and purple Jam bag from 2001? Oh, the treasures that you find in a closet clean out.
8. Preschool starts next week. I know Hudson is so excited. I’m just not quite ready for our summer to be over.
9. With the start of school also comes the start of all of my TV shows. Homeland will be back soon!
10. Hudson does a wild amount of screaming at his brother. Really, their favorite activity is to just chase each other through the house. Our little house that we’re quickly outgrowing has become an indoor track. Hudson chases Hayes, Boudreaux chases Hudson, and Fiona chases Boudreaux. And mommy needs a nap.
11. That’s about it for today. Toodles, poodles!