I don’t think I’ve mentioned this here on the blog yet, but I’m so excited to be attending the Influence conference next month.
When Jessi and Hayley announced that they’d be hosting a conference, I started to get really excited. Because this isn’t just any conference. This is a conference about Jesus, and using our influence that God has given us for Him.
A weekend surrounded by women that I don’t know, but knowing that “our common ground is the Good News?” I can’t think of anything more refreshing or encouraging.
I’m excited to meet so many wonderful ladies, and I’m excited about today’s link up because I’ll have the opportunity to get to know a little bit about all these ladies before the conference next month.
I’m fortunate that the conference is located very near to where my parents live, so they can play with the boys while I go to the Influence Conference in Indianapolis. It’s going to be a great weekend!
Some of the community leaders hosted a link up today for all of the conference registrants to introduce ourselves. So here I go!
THREE things about me:
1. I’m an introvert. Isn’t this what all the bloggers say? But it’s true. Deep down I’m shy, but I’m also friendly and talkative. But my idea of a good time involves a small group of friends just sitting and talking with coffee and a movie that we’ve seen 100 times on in the background. A large room full of people isn’t my cup of tea. So, if I see you, I’ll smile and I’ll say hello because I want to make other people feel comfortable. But I’ll really be super nervous!
2. My husband and I had our first conversation in the frozen foods aisle at Publix. Super romantical.
3. I love pop culture. But I’m not super up to date with the current pop culture. But if we could have a Saved By The Bell or 90210 trivia game, I’d be in heaven. I love tossing a random movie quote into conversation or just breaking into song when it seems appropriate. I mean, is that ever appropriate? It’s just the way I was raised. When my family gets together we have a lot of fun, but I think my husband thinks we’re weird.
TWO things I’m looking forward to about the conference:
1. Being encouraged. I’m excited to meet other bloggers that are similar to me. We have one, huge, commonality. And that is going to be so encouraging.
2. Meeting everyone and seeing a few familiar faces!
ONE thing I can’t leave home without:
1. iPhone. It’s a common answer, but it’s the honest answer. I do not like leaving home without my iPhone. And to think, I protested exchanging my BlackBerry for an iPhone.
So, yay! I can’t wait to meet all of you and visit your blogs through the link up! See y’all soon!