1. I’m absolutely loving my new Bible study. It’s hard work and it’s wonderful. This is probably one of the reasons I’m not putting very thoughtful blog posts together right now. But that is okay with me, because I am completely loving this study in Proverbs and the women I’m getting to know.
2. My new addiction is Pretty Little Liars on Netflix Instant. Rachel and I have such similar taste in TV shows, so when she said she was enjoying it, I knew I had to watch it. So while I’ve been ironing, folding laundry, and prepping dinner, I’ve also been sneaking in episodes of Pretty Little Liars. It can be slightly cheesy, but I like the characters and the suspense. It’s a fun show!
3. Speaking of Bible study, I hope I can put together a couple of posts soon so I can share with all of you some of the things I’ve learned.
4. We started speech therapy for Hayes this week. Once a week he will meet with an early interventionist for an hour and then for another hour each week he’ll meet with his speech therapist. I really like both of these women and I’m excited about what they can teach me to help Hayes get his little words out. I can see the wheels turning in his head, and we know he can hear us. We just have to help him form his words.
5. In a few weeks, I’m heading to Indiana for the Influence Conference. I’m excited to see my parents and Nina and get to meet lots of new friends who are excited about sharing the Good News on their blogs.
6. A few minutes ago, Todd sent me a text that he was listening to an old Trisha Yearwood song on our classic country radio station. We’ve both been loving the classic country station lately. He reminded me of a story I told him about when I was in the 3rd grade, and I called in to our local country station to request Trisha Yearwood’s “She’s In Love With The Boy.” I loved that song so much! And I listened to the radio all day waiting to hear my request.
7. I love that my husband remembers this story.
8. Sometimes it’s really weird to think that I lived most of my life without knowing him at all. Isn’t that incredible? It’s just a reminder to me to pray for my boys and their future spouses every single day. And the parents who are raising them.
9. Sorry to get derailed and emotional.
10. My 30th birthday is in less than two months!
11. I’ve developed a lactose intolerance in my old age. This is very sad. I have been eating dairy without worrying too much about it, but I always feel awful afterward. I have to stop doing that. I’m really going to miss ice cream. And cheese. It’s a good thing I like almond milk.
12. Today I said to Hudson, “I’m impressed!” And he said, “No, you’re Erin.”
13. Yes, he calls me Erin almost as much as he calls me Mommy. (Now I’m singing Call Me Maybe.)