1. What is about the act of sighing that just makes us feel so much better? I sigh. A lot, apparently. And each time I do it, I can just feel a load lift off.
2. Sometimes I think that 3.5 is the best age ever! That we’ve turned the corner away from tantrums and fits. And then I remember that boys will be boys and kids are kids. And jealousy strikes and all of a sudden we’re in the middle of a tantrum.
3. And, goodness. Maybe it’s because Hayes is my second toddler, so there’s no point in repeating things I’ve already said. But toddlers are seriously into everything. He. Touches. Everything.
4. I saw Silver Linings Playbook today and absolutely loved it! Todd and Hudson went to the Monster Jam (monster trucks) event at the Colonial Life Arena, and Todd’s parents were kind enough to hang out with Hayes while he napped so I could go to the movie by myself. Seeing movies alone is really one of my favorite things to do. And I highly recommend seeing Silver Linings Playbook.
5. My mom and I are planning a little getaway to NYC for a few weeks from now. I just mentioned to her over Christmas how I’d love for us to go together again soon, and we were able to make it happen. All we really want to do is see a few shows, so we’re making plans. Do you all have any theater recommendations?
6. I’ve recently rediscovered my love for Felicity and I just started watching season 4 again. I could seriously watch that show over and over again.
7. And Smash returned this week! I’m so excited to see what happens with Karen, Ivy, Derek, and Julia! Do you watch Smash? I thought Jennifer Hudson was great this week! Two Idol rejects in one show? I love it. And I still don’t like Ivy. Are we supposed to like Ivy? I can’t figure it out.
8. Hayes has been so funny lately, and he says “okay” to everything. We’ll ask a question and he says “okay.” We’ll tell him that we’re going to go to RC and PC’s house and he says, “okay.” I love hearing his little voice. It was absolutely worth the wait.
9. Hudson has been really agreeable, and when we ask him to do something for us, his common response is, “Sure, I can do that!” He’s agreeable and enthusiastic. 3.5 isn’t so bad at all.
Okay, so have you seen any good movies lately? Do you watch Smash? Are you reading any good books?