1. Okay, tonight is Oscar night. Kind of a big deal to me. I love movies, if you haven’t figured that out yet. And, really, I thought everyone loved movies, but apparently my good friend Crist doesn’t like movies at all. I don’t even understand it.
But over the past few months, I have tried to see as many Best Picture Oscar nominees as possible. We saw Les Miserables, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, Argo, Silver Linings Playbook, Life of Pi and Beasts of the Southern Wild. I didn’t get to see Amour and didn’t really want to see Django Unchained.
I’m also pretty pumped about the red carpet and going to a friend’s house to watch the red carpet.
2. Todd and I had a quick little getaway to Charleston on Thursday and Friday. He had to speak at the law school in Charleston on Friday morning, and I got to tag along for a couple of days. We really needed a night out of town. We rolled into Charleston on Thursday afternoon (about an hour and a half from where we live) and went to a reception. Then Todd and I went to eat at Magnolia’s.
We saw a couple get engaged and enjoyed meeting the pedi-cab drivers we had that night. (We always take a pedi-cab and love chatting with the drivers.)
Friday, Todd had to go speak on a panel. It was raining really hard, but I hung out in the room and slept later than I usually do. And then I watched Argo in the room. It was pretty much the perfect morning.
I piddled around a little bit after that, but the rain stifled the day’s plans of shopping a little bit. Todd and I headed back to Columbia around 4:00 in time to have dinner with his parents and Hudson and Hayes.
Hudson and Hayes had a fun 24 hours with their RC and PC while we were gone. And of course, I didn’t take pictures while we were gone.
3. We went to Jack’s fun football themed part yesterday morning, and the boys had the best time playing with so many friends. They all had eye black on to look like little football players.
4. Todd and Hudson left after church to go to the baseball game today. I’m so hoping that Hudson will love baseball as much as his daddy and I do!
5. I was a server with a couple of friends last night at the Sweetheart Banquet at church. It is such a great event that our church puts on every February. Todd and I weren’t able to attend on Friday night because we were in Charleston, but I was able to be a server for the Saturday night dinner. It is so well-organized and so much fun to meet all the couples.
I did slip down on a piece of melting ice on the gym floor. It was definitely embarrassing, but if you know me at all, it shouldn’t surprise you that this happened. If there is an opportunity for me to fall down, I’m going to take it. (I like to say I come by it honest from my mom!)
Are you excited about the Oscars tonight? Did y’all have a fun weekend?