I’m not really down. It’s just kind of a gloomy Monday around here. And it seemed like a fitting title for a brain dump.
1. We had a great weekend. The weather was incredible, and we spent as much time as possible outside. Basically doing our best to run the boys until they couldn’t run anymore. Just so we could get them to take a decent nap so we could catch up on Celebrity Apprentice. (I’m just being honest.)
2. Celebrity Apprentice is absolutely ridiculous, but Todd and I love it. We laugh so much! Is there anything more hilarious than Gary Busey tickling an innocent Universal Studios guest?
3. We spent a lot of time this weekend going over our house plans with a fine tooth comb. Or really just a purple marker because that’s all we had. Going over all of the electrical plans and deciding what kinds of lights you want in which location. And where you want your light switches? I haven’t even set foot in the house. How can we know where we want the light switch to be? But we did it. We’re getting closer!
4. Easter is coming! I’m so excited about the celebrations our church is doing. On Good Friday, if you live in the Columbia area, you should come to Shandon Baptist Church for The Story musical production. If you’ve heard of the touring production, you should come see the one at our church. Tickets are free. Just come!
5. One of these days I’ll write an actual blog post. But I’ve just been enjoying every single bit of time I have with my family. I don’t feel like blogging or over-analyzing or anything, really.
6. This weekend, the four of us are heading to a great retreat facility with about 20 other families from our church. Back in January we were invited to be a part of this, and that’s when I decided to sell my ticket to Blissdom. I’m so excited about this weekend and can’t wait to see what God has in store for all of these families.
7. Dancing With the Stars starts tonight. Not sure if I’ll watch this season or not. I always judge it based on the first episode.
8. Now that warm weather is here, I need a pedicure. I am ashamed to admit that I haven’t had a pedicure since August. I pity the fool who works on my toes. I do. I do.
9. When I say “I pity the fool” I don’t think of Mr. T. I think of this.
10. I made this for supper last night and I highly recommend it. I left out the chicken because we just like the occasional meatless meal. It’s delicious. Try it!
11. I’ve been obsessed with metallic wallpaper lately. I’m thinking for my dining room and powder room. Oh, I can’t wait!