catch up and brain dump

1. The house is coming along. It’s such an interesting process. Right now, we’re looking at the the crawl space/foundation and wondering how all of our house is going to fit on top of that “small” space. I know it will start to look normal soon.

2. Choosing major kitchen appliances is stressful. They’re big purchases. We don’t want the most high end appliances, but want quality appliances that won’t need repair in six months. Just stressful to be making these decisions.

3. Smash is one of my absolute favorite shows, and now it’s ending. I just love this show. I’ve watched it from the beginning. I love musicals, I love the storyline, I love all of the characters and the singing and dancing. I’m so sad about this! Does anyone else watch?

4. Our 5th anniversary is Friday. We have dinner plans and I really want to go see a movie. And I’ve ordered a small replica of our wedding cake. Just because I can’t get enough of almond-flavored cake.

5. Hayes’s 2nd birthday is on Sunday. We’re going to do a small family party for him since their joint party isn’t until later in the month.

6. Hudson is such a hoot. He says the funniest things every single day. I’ve been slacking on keeping notes on my phone to remember the goofy things he says, but I have started doing it again. My father-in-law sent me this text when we were out of town and I just laughed and laughed!

IMG_2873

7. I’m thinking of starting a weekly thing on my blog where I repost something from my archives. Something serious or funny or organizing tips? Maybe I’ll start today? What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. We started building 2 years ago and moved in last April. I was sure they had measured our foundation wrong! Sub-floor makes it look a little bigger then framing will put your mind at ease. Enjoy!
    Whitney recently posted..Week in Review ~ 4/27My Profile

2. Ooh, I love SMASH too! :) It’s a show that my husband doesn’t love, so I have 5 episodes on the DVR waiting to catch up on… I’m sure I’ll get to it this summer once school is out (I teach 2nd grade).

This is my first time to comment, but I really enjoy your blog! I live on the Alabama Gulf Coast and my little guy will be 3 on May 20, so I relate to most everything that you write about raising little boys!

Have a great day!

3. Lyndsey says:

NOOOOOOOOOOO SMASH!! I had no idea! BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

4. Lyndsey says:

Also see: I can’t believe Hayes is about to be 2, you’ve been married 5 years (I started reading your blog right after you got married), and Hudson will be 4 in a month!!!!! What in the world. Where did time go???

5. I wasn’t able to find anything online that confirmed cancellation! Where did you see it?

6. I would love some of your archived organizing tips! I just recently started following your blog and came across the post on your home notebook which was great. As a newly married girl I love reading about how other women organize and structure their home & life.

7. September says:

My parents are building a house (right in our neighborhood…yay us!) and they said the same thing when they saw the foundation going in. They were completely unconvinced that it would be big enough and they almost switched to a different model. Once the framing goes in it really does come together and you get a better idea of how the space lays out.

8. RIP Smash :( I’m not ready to talk about it yet!

Excited to see you guys on Sunday!!
    Rachel recently posted..Embrace the Camera: Week 5My Profile

9. Candace Guy says:

I LOVE Smash….so sad that it is going away :( Glad I am not the only one that will miss it.

10. Check out Costco for your appliances. They have a GREAT warranty and instead of trying to ‘fix’ whatever breaks, they just replace it. They also don’t charge for installation or nickle-and-dime you for things like washing machine hoses.

Can’t believe Hayes is 2! Wow, where does the time go???

11. I also LOVE smash (my husband does too!). We’re both sad it’s going away. We’ll be renovating our kitchen next year and I’m already stressed about it! I can’t imagine building one from the ground up!!
    AEOT recently posted..How is it possible?My Profile

12. I am sad about Smash too. I finally got hooked on a good show and they cancel it!

And you need to try this sheet cake. It is to die for: http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/desserts/almond-sheet-cake/
    Jennifer recently posted..Easter – Better Late than NeverMy Profile

13. How exciting to be building! You should check out Erin’s blog http://www.thesunnysideupblog.com/ They’re building a beautiful home in San Diego. I love seeing the process of a home coming together. :) I just recently found your blog and love it! I’ve been going back and reading all your party posts. Great ideas! Enjoy your week!
    Lisa at Texas Decor recently posted..Hair Color, Nail Polish, and Pink Lemonade CookiesMy Profile

14. Christi says:

I highly recommend the mid range Bosch dishwashers! We’ve had ours about 3-4 years now and it’s so quiet!
    Happy anniversary and happy 2nd birthday Hayes!

15. I love SMASH too. Is it being cancelled? Since it moved to Saturdays my DVR hasn’t recorded it :( I have to catch up.

I would love to see some old organizing posts!!
    Colleen recently posted..Thoughts for ThursdayMy Profile

16. kehler says:

What?! Smash is cancelled? OH nooooo!

17. So many things:
    1. Houses always look tiny at this stage to me and then they frame it and it looks massive.
    2. Choosing anything stresses me out! I can not wait to see the final choices and the finished house.
    3. Replica of your wedding cake? I sort of want to do this right now. Even if our anniversary isn’t until September. 1/2 anniversary?? :)
    4. Yes to reposting old posts. I’m planning to do that while on vacation next month and I’ve been reading some things that I had completely forgot about.
    Jennifer Green recently posted..ask me anythingMy Profile

18. I made my husband measure our foundation. I thought it looked tiny.
    The Life and Times of Me recently posted..Home Studies and HusbandsMy Profile

19. Archive..boring.. Sorry but I’ve read like every post being a long time reader. I like more of these random type of posts if possible :)

20. Seriously obsessed with Smash! I am so in love with musicals, and really wish Hit List was on Broadway! I downloaded most of the songs and have been listening to them on repeat. Sad it’s ending soon! :(

21. That isn’t a bad idea, I was just thinking the same thing this week about reposting old posts and making redoing the photos in my food posts. I just may have to copy cat and get a replica of our cake for our 5 year next year. I really want to take a nice trip and do it up big since it will also be Jeremy’s graduate school graduation that May:)
    Emily recently posted..High Five For FridayMy Profile

22. I love shows with music and I was excited about Smash from the first commercial for it! Especially because Glee got too weird for me a long time ago. I do have to say though, I don’t think I’d watch it for the story line, but the music is totally worth it. I can’t believe it didn’t do better with some of the big names they got.
    Kate Craig recently posted..Happy AnniversaryMy Profile