I feel like I’ve got so much to say, but not enough for a big blog post!
1. The boys’ Peter Pan extravaganza was this weekend and it was so much fun! If I can get my act together I’ll blog about it this week.
This may have been my very favorite part of the party!
2. My parents were here this weekend for the birthday party. Having my whole family together for the weekend was fantastic. I really can’t think of anything better. I love this picture of my mom and Hayes on FaceTime on Mother’s Day. It’s so hard to be 800 miles away from my parents, but technology makes it a lot easier.
3. Walker was here last week, too, and the boys loved playing with him! We had a Bojangles picnic outside in the yard and really loved the pleasant temperatures last week.
3. Hudson had a soccer game last week and received his very first trophy. He was so excited! He has really done a great job this season and has learned a lot about the game. It’s been a big commitment for all of us, but I’ve loved watching him improve and get more into the game. And he loves seeing all of his friends.
And the sweet little JV team of 1 and 2 year olds cheering on their brothers and sisters from the sidelines!
4. I finished Scandal. I watched Season 1 and Season 2 from start to finish in about a week’s time. And then I was able to watch the finale the night it aired. And now I don’t really know what to do with myself. I am missing Olivia Pope! If you haven’t watched Scandal, do it this summer! I even got KK hooked and she watched the whole thing, too. Watch it now!
5. I’m trying to find a new show to watch with Todd this summer. Maybe House of Cards on Netflix? I feel like we’ve seen everything else!
6. The second floor of our house is being framed name. It’s so exciting to watch it all come together. I am going to answer all of your questions about it in a blog post. I currently have a large white farm sink sitting in Nana’s garage. The sink was one of our big “must haves.”
7. We haven’t booked our summer vacation yet and I’m itching to pull the trigger to get back to Isle of Palms!
8. Our Sunday School class had an indoor picnic yesterday after church and then we had a big family game of kickball. It was so much fun! I was on “Hayes duty,” but Hayes just wanted to be in the outfield with his Daddy. He was so excited to get to be a part of the team.
9. Todd and I went to the Carrie Underwood concert a few weeks ago and had the best time. This was our second time to see her and she is just as amazing as ever. She belts it out all night long and looks absolutely stunning. I just love her!
10. I love this side-by-side comparison of Hayes in the first week of school and in the last week of school. I can’t believe how much he has grown up!
11. Don’t forget about Build ‘Em Up tomorrow. We’ll announce more topics soon because we’ve loved keeping this going and connecting with so many of you! Tomorrow’s topic is all about our parenting differences and we should be confident in motherhood.