1. I have to keep writing brain dump posts and random posts because I keep forgetting to take out my camera when we’re doing fun things. I know, I know, it means I’m having fun, too, and not focusing on taking pictures. But I want pictures! It makes for more interesting blogging, sure, but it also will be important to me and my kiddos someday. Gotta remember to take pictures of the fun!
2. And we are having so much fun! This summer is already flying by, and we’ve been filling our time with more fun that we have in the past. The boys’ ages are so great that I feel like we can just go, go, go, nap, and go, go, go some more! We’ve had lots of trips to the pool, the zoo, swim lessons, swim camp, romps in the backyard with the dogs and the slip ‘n slide. I really gotta remember to take pictures of the fun!
3. We got our preliminary kitchen cabinet drawings today and I’m starting to feel panicky. Once again, I gotta remember to take more pictures because I want to do an actual house update. But now that I’m looking at the kitchen cabinet drawings I’m trying to decide if we want more drawers or more cabinets. And do we want any glass doors or will that drive me crazy having to keep them tidy? I’ve been pretty low key and easy-going about house stuff so far, but these decisions just make me nervous.
4. I’m going to see Nina in just a couple of weeks! It will be so great to have a couple of days with my dear friend. And then we won’t go on vacation until August. We’re going back to Orange Beach, Alabama. Gulf Shores/Perdido Key/Orange Beach are just my favorite place because they bring back such great memories. And I’m excited about a late-summer vacation!
5. I was heading to choir rehearsal last night, and I left the house 45 minutes before I needed to be there. And then I spent the next 50 minutes sitting in stand-still traffic on the interstate. Good gravy, that’s so frustrating!
6. I do not like wearing makeup in the summer. I need to share my favorite summer makeup with y’all, but I really would just prefer not to wear it at all. (Here’s last year’s post on my favorites for summer.) And in a perfect world of perfect skin and long, dark eyelashes instead of my super blonde, almost invisible eyelashes, going makeup-free for three months would be fantastic. But, alas, I don’t live in that world and I really need makeup.
7. It’s hot, y’all. Somehow it jumped from a cool 85 degrees to 98 degrees in just a day. Hello, summer! So nice to see you so soon!
*The Erin Condren Life Planner winners were posted on the Rafflecopter. All the winners will be hearing from Erin Condren’s team directly, so sit tight. Congratulations!!
*You can still enter to win a copy of A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet!